Friday, November 13, 2009

2nd Grade Girl - After Action Report

I also met 2nd grade girl early on in the process. I met her prior to meeting PhD girl. I simply forgot about it. Clearly she made an impression. Matched up through eharmony. She looked cute enough in her pictures. We emailed for a while before she dropped off the face of the earth for about 2 weeks. She suddenly turned up again and gave me her real email address and phone number. We started talking. She seemed cool enough. Laughed at all my funny quips and one liners. Eventually, if not awkwardly, I asked her out for drinks. She agreed and we met up.

Well her pictures were not quite representative of how she looked now. She was fun enough to hang out with. However she had a patronizing quality about her I found grating. She would often talk to me like I was one of her second graders. Jokes that would have made her laugh on the phone now seemed to annoy her. Perhaps I wasn't quite what she expected either.

At the end of the night I walked her to her car, we chatted a bit and then left. I never called her back. She never called me back. I think the unattraction was mutual.

Lessons Learned:
  • Drink dates are good for vetting purposes. They are cheap and allow me to be chivalrous without spending a small fortune on dinner and show. Coffee or Alcohol is fine, it also leaves open the possibility of turning it into a dinner date.
  • Phone chemistry never equals in-person chemistry. Ever.
  • beware the 30+ year old females with really good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment