Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cat Girl - After Action Report

Met cat girl through eharmony. She listed she had pets but didn't specify they were cats. She has 3 cats. This didn't bode well from the get go but I decided to see where it would end up. I even told her I was allergic to cats but she didn't seem particularly phased by that statement. We had a couple of great phone conversations. She laughs easy and at the right spots so I was hopeful.

I told her I would call her upon landing when I got back from visiting family over the holidays. I called and left a message. She texted back she was with family and would call later that day. She didn't get back to me for a couple days. When we did talk we had another great conversation. We agreed to "sorta" meet. She was going to a concert in town and I was going to a different concert. We met up, had a couple of drinks, talked a bit, and went to our respective concerts. This was the night before new year's eve. Than New Year's Eve, a couple of texts. Than I called her the day after new year's day and left a voicemail. Got a text back saying she'd call me Sunday.

She didn't call me until the following Saturday, after I 'closed' our match at eharmony. We talked for a bit and I asked her out for this Wednesday. She agreed. I told her I would call later in the week to confirm plans. In the meantime, i did that Internet stalker thing I do and found her twitter page with the following tweet: "Saturday kisses that makes you weak in the knees - Awesome!!" Yeah, I was expecting an interesting conversation when I called her.

I called her on Tuesday, and surprisingly she still wanted to go out so we figured out plans and I double checked that she was good to go for Wednesday. Things had been busy at work for her. She was good. Made plans, things were set. Than Wednesday at about 4:30ish I get a text from her saying how she was mentally and physically exhausted, asking to reschedule. I replied "No Problem, get some rest, talk later" and then promptly removed her number from my phone. I hate flaky people.

Lessons Learned:
Nothing really learned. I gave cat girl a chance and it didn't pan out. I was impressed with how she left herself avenues of escape, always had an excuse so she would never have to be the bad guy. Something I should probably learn. I guess I learned never ever ever make an exception to my personal rule about dating women with pets. Problem is single women and pets are inseparable. I don't understand the proclivity of single women to have pets, especially cats. I figure this has narrowed my dating pool by at least 90%. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment