I quit. Well not entirely.
I canceled my eHarmony and other dating site accounts for a variety of reasons:
Firstly, I started gaining back a lot of weight. I don't blame the dating for the gain, but I don't need to give girls another reason to not go out with me. And since dating usually revolves around drinking and eating, and since I can't drink and eat when I'm dieting, no sense in dating.
Secondly, my blood pressure has risen considerably since I started dating. I could blame the weight gain, but the one glowing aspect of my health record has always been my blood pressure. Even when I was almost 300 pounds my blood pressure was a solidly average 120/80. When I lost the weight it dipped to 105/70. The last doctor's visit (and smack dab in the middle of the gun girl debacle) had my blood pressure at 146/90. WTF!
Thirdly, Dating is expensive. I'm applying to grad school and need to save as much money as humanly possible to afford it. Dating is giant waste of money. Why pay for 3 hours of anxiety and embaressment when All I need to do is go to the gym every couple of days in some tight fitting clothes and get the same feeling... for only the cost of a membership!
There currently is a girl I am talking to, but I have very low expectations for this. She has 3 cats. I tend to be very allergic to cats. She is the last of the eharmony girls. I have dubbed her cat girl. After action report to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment